I was working recently with a wonderful group of tech professionals. They are a rapidly growing team here in Washington, D.C., and one of the things that they were talking about was how do they take care of their team…
Five reasons why you need to improve your visibility
- You need to be more visible in order to be recognized and rewarded for the work you do.
- If more senior colleagues are aware of the results you’re getting, you are more likely to secure resources when you ask for them.
- The people on your team ought to get credit for what they do, and you are the best person to get that for them.
- Increasing your perceived value and market- ability gives you better options to move, inside or outside the company.
- Less talented people can do this well and if they get rewarded, you will resent it.
Like this? Read more in my new book DO IT MEAN IT BE IT, The Keys to Achieve Success, Happiness, and Everything You Deserve at Work and in Life available now on Amazon
Sign up for my free monthly newsletter at corrieshanahan.com